Saturday, December 20, 2008

Memory Wire Is Wonderful!!

I discovered memory wire a few weeks ago and finally got around to creating with it. I love it! No more worrying about how long the bracelet is; a few loops and it's one size fits all.

What I really like about it is the fact that there is no need for crimps or clasps. I started out with the intention of using the little silverplate balls that get glued to the end of the memory wire, but didn't feel confident that they would hold, so I opted for turning the wire at the end. This also gives the possibility of having a charm added to the loop for an added accent.

I just listed two bracelets made with the memory wire along with another bracelet made with 49 strand beading wire, toggle clasp, and crimps.

Check them out:

Cloissone and pearl bracelet made with silverplate memory wire - 3 full loops








Cobalt cloissone and druk bead bracelet made with beading wire and silverplate toggle clasp





Semi-precious fluorite bracelet and earrings made with silverplate memory wire - 2 loops

No comments:

Post a Comment