Wednesday, January 7, 2009

PHTD - or - Post Holiday Tree Disorder

Yes, that's what I have. Post Holiday Tree Disorder.

The tree is still up, but hasn't been lit since the day after New Years. The only thing stopping me from taking it down is the lack of storage boxes. They're still in the shed. And I'm not about to go out there after seeing the possum hanging around the shed a few weeks ago.

But not sure if PHTD carries over into other things, such as making new jewelry to put in my shop. Or taking pictures of the jewelry that I already made and getting it listed. The cold has done a number on my arthritis and my hands are so stiff I can hardly hold my pliers long enough to open a jump ring let alone create loops at the end of headpins or do wire wrapping. IB helps but also makes me tired so I don't feel like doing anything! I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I need sun, warm weather, and a good old fashioned thunderstorm! Well, maybe not in that order, and not on the same day. But you get my drift.

I have so many beads and charms and other materials to create with, but no ambition or ideas, although I do have a potential order for two bracelets, and as soon as I get my bead order I will get to work on them. But I am trying to find my niche. Something that is me, not a clone of other things that are out there. It's easy to put a few beads on a wire or pin and attached a clasp or earwire. I want to really get original, but I don't know how or what.

I know what I have to do. I have to psyche myself into thinking that Saturday is Sunday. Because on Sundays, usually later in the day, I sit down and finally get to creating. Once I start I can't stop, but the problem I have is I have to get up for work the next day. If I make myself think that Saturday is Sunday, and get ideas and start creating late in the day on Saturday, I can keep going til the sun comes up because I can SLEEP ALL DAY the next day! Yea, yea, that's what I'll do. I could call it turning my mental clock ahead one day, but only until Sunday night. Otherwise I would go to work the next day thinking it was Tuesday, and be very disappointed when the payroll doesn't get here.
Oh, by the way, the's not me. That's my husband Russ, the "Ru" in "RuKar", after dinner on Christmas Day at my brother's house. The dog is my brother's white shepherd, Daisy Mae. But this picture pretty much sums up my level of energy the last 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment