Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Deep Thoughts Exposed

Did you ever stop and think of things that you thought of in the past and forgot them?  
Or things that you wanted to do but never had the chance?

At my age, if I don't write things down, they disappear forever, or at least a few years.  My short term memory is something of the past, and long forgotten.  This is due in part to Fibromyalgia.  A curse I have that robs me of life as it used to be.  But that's not what this is about.  Just an explanation of why I have such a crappy memory.

Anyway, I was thinking of things I have never done or done in a while or had in a while, and thought I would have a chance eventually.  There are also things that many don't know about me.  These are my exposed thoughts.

As a kid, I loved turnip, mashed with lots of butter.  My grandfather loved that about me, because he liked them too.  But nobody ever makes them anymore.  Well, my friend Peggy did, a few weeks ago, and they were delish!  They were white turnips, and she grew them in her garden!

I grew up in the 60/70's, a time of free love and make love not war.  I didn't go to Woodstock, I was only 13 after all.  And I never tried drugs.  Never wanted to and still don't.  I have enough prescription meds that my doc says I need to survive, so many that it is almost like a meal when I take them.

I've never been to the ocean.  Really.  Well, from 10,000 feet up.

I am allergic to cats.  Never was around cats until I was 18.  I went to visit my Great-Aunt in New York and she had a beautiful Calico named Timmy.  He loved me.  The first night, he slept at the foot of my bed.  When I woke up in the morning, my eyes were swollen shut and crusted over.  I couldn't breathe, and I was itchy all over my body.  My aunt took one look at me and exclaimed "You're allergic to cats!".  Needless to say, I had to move to my other aunt's house who had only outside cats.  Believe it or not, I now have a cat.  She found us, probably was dumped since she was only about a year old, very clean, well fed and pregnant.  She lost her kittens, but stayed with us.  That was 7 years ago and I have not had any problems with allergies around her.  She sleeps in the bed with me, usually on my pillow at the top of my head.

I grew up on the South Side of Chicago... South Side Irish.  I am a Cubs fan!  I used to like the Bears, til Ditka left.  Now I don't really pay  much attention to sports.

I never did learn to swim.

I am afraid of heights.  Can't even stand on the 2nd step of a step ladder.  I am also claustrophobic and don't like to fly.  I think they all go together.

I didn't read "50 Shades of Grey" or any of its sequels.

I still believe there is a Santa Claus.  He may not be a man in a red suit with a white beard, but a spirit who looks out for us and somehow makes things appear when we need them.



No comments:

Post a Comment